This policy outlines in general terms how Wound Healing Institute Australia Ltd ABN 77 602 606 075 (“us”, “we” or “our”) collects, stores, uses and discloses your personal information. By using our website and / or purchasing our goods and / or services you accept this policy. We may amend this policy as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this policy will be updated on our website.
1. Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of goods and / or services you request from us. The personal information may include:
- your name, gender, date of birth;
- your contact details including, but not limited to, your email address, postal / delivery address and telephone / mobile number;
- payment details (such as credit / debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our goods and / or services; and
- information relating to your use of our website.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
2.1. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase our goods and / or services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, enter into one of our competitions, visit our website or otherwise interact with us.
2.2. We also may in the future use a range of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (“Social Media”) to distribute news, announcements, promotions and to address community enquiries. If you submit or post comments, images, tweets, recordings or other personal content for public display on Social Media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read, view or comment on.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
3.1. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide, and administer our provision of, goods and / or services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your orders, freight and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- to provide and operate our promotions and events;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- to conduct marketing activities for our goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our supply of goods, services and our marketing activities;
- to maintain records and comply with our legal obligations; and (f) for any other use that you authorise in writing.
3.2. The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website or purchase goods and / or services from us.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1. We may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform services for us in connection with our website and in connection with the sale and provision of our goods and / or services, including third parties who:
- provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- assist us in providing delivery of goods and / or services to you;
- assist us in processing credit / debit card payments;
- provide marketing services; and
- provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident.
4.2. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to comply with judicial proceedings or a court order;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim; or
- for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution.
5.1. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Our website may store cookies on your web browser.
5.2. The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- improve your website browsing experience;
- gather statistics on website usage; and
- enable us to present customised and appropriate messages to you.
5.3. You can set up most web browsers so you are notified when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
6. How We Hold and Keep Your Personal Information Secure
6.1. We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We may use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
6.2. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information Overseas
In the course of providing our goods and / or services, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas who assist us. In particular, we may disclose your personal information to data processors, delivery agents and providers of information technology services.
8. Access to and Correction of Personal Information about You
8.1. If you would like to request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled “Contact”.
8.2. We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
8.3. If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will, to the extent required by law, notify you of our reasons for the refusal and how you may complain about the refusal.
9. Opting Out of Promotion and Marketing
If you do not want to receive communications about our latest goods and / or services, you can opt out by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on the email provided by us or alternatively by contacting us using the contact details in the section of our website titled “Contact”.
10. Terms and Conditions
Use of our website, goods and / or services is subject to our terms and conditions and this policy should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict or disagreement between this policy and the terms and conditions, the terms and conditions will prevail.
11. Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled “Contact”. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.